3D Animation Video for Collaboration of Carbon Champagne and Bugatti Luxury Brands
What is done:
Carbon Champagne is an elite French champagne brand. Bugatti is a legendary French company creating super-powerful hypercars.
Our team had to visualize the functionality of an app where the Client can actually "assemble" his own mini-car refrigerator in real time. The mini-car refrigerator is a product that resulted from collaboration of the two brands. They created a limited collection of refrigerated boxes for 15-liter bottles of Carbon champagne in the shape of Bugatti hypercars. In preparation for the product and app presentation at the Road Show in the United States, the visualization had to be of a high standard. The main goal was to present the uniqueness of Bugatti and Carbon Champagne brands offering and evoke a feeling of luxury.
To present the product and app capabilities, we decided to use 3D graphics and show the app's functionality in the form of an explainer video. We wanted to highlight the wow-factor of Carbon and Bugatti product that is unparalleled in the market.
- First, our art director started by picking up a pencil and creating a detailed storyboard for the future video that would be shown at the Road Show in the United States.
- At this stage, our team of 3D designers worked on visualizing the future video. The challenge was in the level of details required to accurately convey all the stages of product modeling on the screen, demonstrate how to use the app and show all its functionality within the time limit of 70 seconds.
- We depicted scenes that showed the process of creating a personal refrigerator in the app: choosing colors, interior materials (leather/alcantara), and the body exactly matching the real Bugatti car purchased by the Client.
- We created a 3D space where the mini-car refrigerators were placed. The lighting emphasizes all the product details, and the illumination also adds special depth to the frame.
- The final stage of the project - scenes animation and rendering. Visualizing the extensive app functionality within the time limit was a challenging task.
- There is one specific aspect at the animation stage: when you start editing all the scenes, the work becomes a little bit more complicated. The Client or the team might have ideas to change something or deviate from the script, and all these perspectives are to be considered to create a really impressive product. We also had to thoroughly study the app's functionality to explain its capabilities to the client in a simple and clear way through the screen.
THE CASE CAME TO LIFE
- Despite the complexity of the task, we met the deadline, and the 3D animated video, developed by Rubarb, the world saw for the first time at the Road Show in the USA. The video was also publicized on the Bugatti platform, in the brand's social media, and presented at many events dedicated to the release of new products.